Tuesday 20 October 2009

NYX has arrived



Well it has been a while, and humourous note must be taken for my previous blog entitled "All the best intentions", which I always have, just not the time.

My time most recently has been taken up loading all the new products onto the website for the beauty company I work for. A massive perk of the job is being able to try out the products and review them, these are hair and make up products, could my job be any more suited to a beauty junkie?

Most exitingly - the latest products to arrive are NYX cosmetics. I was like a child on christmas day when these arrived at the office last Friday, I was literally ripping through the bubble wrap to get at the gorgeous chrome eyeshadows and cream blush.

NYX is an American brand of cosmetics that has been really hard to source in the UK, we have finally got them over the pond and available to our customers who flinch at the thought of paying extortionate shipping and tax prices.

If you want to check out the range we have go to http://www.smartbeautyshop.com

On a sadder note (but only sad for me), I am considering selling an amazing vintage prom dress that I own but have never had the opportunity to wear. I considered wearing it to the final of Miss England but thought better of it knowing that the dress code for such an event was usually long and slinky, not fun and flirty, but it would be perfect for Prom (which I am too old for), a wedding reception (my friends are nearly all married now) or a Christmas Party (to which I never go to, I do often wonder why my life is a string of wine bar visits rather than glam parties) Although, I think the right kind of girl could pull this off at a wine bar, that girl just aint me.

I will post a picture of it soon to see if it will generate any interest. I am probably going to sell it in a silent auction, so that the highest bidder wins and I am willing to ship worldwide to the proud new owner.

The dress is a small UK size 10, and bustier girls may not get along with it that well, I am 34" at the fullest part of my bust (can we say BEESTINGS) and it is a snug fit, as for the waist, I'd say it would suit anyone with a 29" waist or smaller, it is boned so there isn't much tolerance to the body. As for the design, I shall keep this a delightful little secret until I post pictures.

Let me know what you think of the NYX cosmetics range....if we haven't stocked a particular colour or product you want from the main range then you can just let me know by telling me in the comments and I will do my best to add it to the site.

With all the best intentions, and love

L x